Parol making is a traditional craft of Filipinos every Christmas. It is a way of celebrating Christmas, best known for the decorations that come in all sizes, colors, and a thousand other materials that come to the imaginative mind of the Filipino people. Parol making contest shows the Filipino innovation and creativity of being good at traditional folk art and an expression of the Christmas spirit.
The Provincial Government of Tarlac through the Provincial Tourism Office as part of its tradition in celebrating the forthcoming Christmas season will be conducting a “Mini Parol-Making Competition 2020” among High School and College Students including Senior High. Their handcrafted Mini Parol will be displayed to Capitol Atrium to become an attraction to individuals who visit the Capitol this Christmas season.
• Contest is open to all Tarlaqueños and a bonafide high school/Senior High and college student.
• One entry per student only.
• Design Entries must be original and must not be used in any other competition.
• Specifications of the materials used must be attached.
• The ornaments or decorations can be hand-made, purchased, made of indigenous or recycled materials.
• The Parol to be submitted must have battery-operated lighting.
• The Parol stand must be 3ft in height and the hanging star must be2ft diameter.
• All entries will become the property of the Provincial Government of Tarlac.
• Attached a piece of white paper along with your name, contact number, address, and name of your school at the bottom of your parol-base board.
• Deadline for submission of entries is on or before November 23, 2020, Monday, 4:00 PM at the Museo Ng Tarlac, San Vicente, Tarlac City or at the Tourism Office of your respected LGUs.
• Judging and announcement of winners will be posted thru Tarlac Tourism PGT Facebook Page.
• For more inquiries about the mechanics you may contact TOURISM OFFICE #09998853981
• Like and follow the Tarlac Tourism PGT
• A guardian can submit your Mini Parol on behalf of the participant along with the following attachments :
– Photocopy of school ID
– Registration form
• All entries must be submitted on or before November 23, 2020, Monday, 4:00 PM at the Museo Ng Tarlac, San Vicente, Tarlac City OR at the Tourism Office of your respected LGUs.
• Creativity and originality 50%
• Craftsmanship 25%
• Quality of Work 25%
• 1st Place – P 15,000 + trophy
• 2nd Place – P 10,000 + trophy
• 3rd Place – P 7,000 + trophy
• (10) Special award – P 2,000.00 + certificate
• 1 most liked by Netizens award – P 3,000 + certificate